Your Choice of TRICARE Retail Pharmacies Changes Dec. 1, 2016
On Dec. 1, 2016, CVS and CVS pharmacies in Target stores will no longer be in the network.
IMPORTANT: If you are currently filling a prescription at any CVS pharmacy, you should transfer it to Dan’s Wellness Pharmacy to avoid paying the full retail price for your medication.
What You Need to Know
- Starting Dec. 1, 2016, CVS pharmacies will leave the TRICARE retail pharmacy network. If you fill a prescription drug at a CVS pharmacy after that date, you will pay the full retail price* for your drugs.
- If you are currently filling a prescription at a CVS pharmacy, you should transfer it to another network pharmacy by Dec. 1.
- Dan’s Wellness Pharmacy makes it easy to transfer your prescriptions.
- More than 58,000 pharmacies are in the TRICARE network, including independent pharmacies.
- Beginning Dec. 1, you can fill your prescriptions at Dan’s Wellness Pharmacy.
* Please note: Beneficiaries can file a claim for a partial reimbursement of the cost of their medication when filling at a non-network pharmacy. For more information, visit tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Pharmacy/FillPrescriptions/NonNetwork.
Convenient Ways to Transfer Prescriptions
- Take your prescription drug bottles to Dan’s Wellness Pharmacy. The pharmacist there will contact your old pharmacy.
- Call Dan’s Wellness Pharmacy at 540-657-0006 and have them get your prescription drug information from your old pharmacy.
- Ask your doctor to send your prescription drug information to Dan’s Wellness Pharmacy.
- Check to see if your prescription drugs, including any specialty drugs, are eligible for TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery by calling 855.778.1417.
Other Pharmacy Choices
If you fill prescription drugs to treat long-term, chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, a military pharmacy or TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery are your lowest cost options.
Call your military pharmacy, where there is no cost to fill your prescription, and ask whether your drug is available before you transfer the prescription drug from a retail network pharmacy. Visit tricare.mil/mtf for contact information.
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
Next to your military pharmacy, Home Delivery is the best option for filling maintenance drugs and you may save money.
Home Delivery offers many benefits:
- Your formulary generic drugs and standard shipping are FREE.
- You receive up to a 90-day supply of your maintenance drugs, delivered safely in a weather-resistant pouch.
- You have 24/7 access to nurses and pharmacists from the privacy of your own home.
- You never have to worry about running out of your drugs when you sign up for automatic refills and refill reminders.
- When you fill a specialty drug in Home Delivery, you’re automatically enrolled in the Specialty Medication Care Management Program at no cost to you. The program gives you additional care and support to help you manage your chronic condition.
- To learn more about Home Delivery, go to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery.
Designating a Caregiver
If someone helps you manage your prescription drugs, you should consider designating them as a caregiver for your pharmacy benefit. When you designate a caregiver, this person will be able to order refills, check order status, discuss a new medication and move your prescription to a new pharmacy or Home Delivery. Begin by logging into your Express Scripts account on the TRICARE Home Page. Once logged in, navigate to My Account and select Designate a Caregiver.
We’re committed to providing the highest level of service to ease this transition. If you have any questions about your benefit or you need help transferring your prescription drugs, please call 855.778.1417.
You can also check Frequently Asked Questions for instant answers to additional questions that you may have about the TRICARE retail network change.