These Tips Can Help
The promotion of regular sleep is known as sleep hygiene. The following sleep-hygiene tips can help improve the quantity and quality of your sleep.
- Go to bed at the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning.
- Make sure your bedroom is a quiet, dark and relaxing environment, which is neither too hot nor too cold.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable and use t only for sleeping and not for other activities, such as reading, watching TV or listening to music. Remove all TVs, computers and other “gadgets” from the bedroom.
- Physical activity may help promote sleep, but not within a few hours of bedtime.
- Avoid large meals before bedtime.
Source: The National Sleep Foundation