Have Fun and Stay Safe on July 4
Everyone loves July 4th fireworks! Attending a professional fireworks celebration is best. But if fireworks are legal where you live and you decide to set them off, follow these safety tips:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Follow warnings and instructions.
- Be sure others are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from houses, dry leaves, and flammable materials.
- Never try to re-light fireworks that have not fully functioned.
- Keep a bucket of water handy.
Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission