Stay Soft and Smooth with These Tips
Want great skin, even during winter’s driest months? Try these tips:
- Don’t overdo the hot water. Hot water removes skin’s natural oils more quickly. Warm water is best for bathing.
- Stick with gentle cleansers. Soaps can strip oils from the skin. Skip the deodorant bars, antibacterials soaps and perfumed soaps. Look for either a mild, fragrance-free soap or a soap substitute that moisturizes.
- Don’t linger in the shower or bath. a 5 to 10-minute shower adds moisture to the skin. Spending more time in the water often leaves your skin less hydrated than before you started. Do not bathe more often than once a day.
- Moisturize after bathing. Apply a moisturizer while the skin is still damp.
- Humidify. Keep the air in your home moist with a humidifier.
Source: American Academy of Dermatology