Stay Soft and Smooth with These Tips
Want great skin, even during winter’s driest months? Try these tips:
- Don’t overdo the hot water. Hot water removes skin’s natural oils more quickly. Warm water is best for bathing.
- Stick with gentle cleansers. Soaps can strip oils from the skin. Skip the deodorant bars, antibacterial soaps and perfumed soaps. Look for either a mild, fragrance-free soap or a soap substitute that moisturizes.
- Don’t linger in the shower or bath. A 5- to 10-minute bath or shower adds moisture to the skin. Spending more time in the water often leaves your skin less hydrated than before you started. Do not bathe more often than once a day.
- Moisturize after bathing. Apply a moisturizer while the skin is still damp.
- Keep the air in your home moist with a humidifier.
–Source: American Academy of Dermatology