Enjoy the Day – and Keep Your Family Safe
Everyone loves a great July 4 celebration! But fireworks can be dangerous, causing serious burns and eye injuries. It’s always best to attend a community celebration where fireworks are handled by the pros. But if fireworks are legal where you live and you decide to use them on your own, be sure to follow these important safety tips:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions.
- Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from the house, dry leaves and flammable materials.
- Never try to relight fireworks that have not fully functioned.
- Keep a bucket of water handy in case of malfunction or fire.
-Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission