What Questions Do You Ask Your Pharmacist?
When you pick up a prescription at your pharmacy, your pharmacist is always happy to take a minute for a private consultation to talk about your medication and answer questions. do you take advantage o this free service? Some questions you may want to ask:
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Should I expect any side effects? What should I do if I experience side effects?
- Should I take the medication with or without food? At certain times of day?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking this medications?
- Should I be concerned about interactions with other prescription medications, over-the-counter medications or supplements I’m taking?
- Should I stop taking this medication when my symptoms subside, or should I continue taking it until it’s finished.
Source: California Board of Pharmacy