Keep It Healthy!
Getting answers from your doctor to these important questions will give you vital information about your heart health and what you can do to improve it. You may want to take this list to your doctor’s office:
- What is my risk for heart disease?
- What is my blood pressure? What does it mean for me, and what do I need to do about it?
- What are my cholesterol numbers?
- What are my body mass index (BMI) and waist measurement? Do I need to lose weight for my health?
- What is my blood-sugar level? Am I at risk for diabetes?
- What other screening tests for heart disease do I need?
- How can you help me quit smoking?
- How much physical activity do I need to help protect my heart?
- What is a heart-healthy eating plan for me? Show I see a registered dietitian?
- How can I tell if I’m having a heart attack?
–Source: National Institutes of Health