Follow Our Top Five Tips for a Healthy 2016
Ready to get healthier? We’re here to help you start your year off right. Check out the ideas below and let’s go!
- If you smoke, make a plan now to quit. When choosing a quit date, sooner is better. Many smokers choose a date within two weeks to quit smoking. This will give you time to prepare.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables. Look for fruits and veggies that are red, orange and dark green. These are full of vitamins and minerals.
- Cook more meals at home. Prepare in advance and choose recipes that are both delicious and good for you. Cooking at home lets you control portion sizes and sodium levels.
- Drink more water. Keep a reusable water bottle with you throughout the day as a reminder to stay hydrated. Try adding orange, lime or lemon slices to your water for fun and a little flavor.
- Try new activities. Staying active doesn’t have to cost a lot. Get creative and find activities that require little or no equipment. Make being active a priority by setting aside time for new activities you can enjoy with family or friends.
–Sources: LetsMove.org; BeTobaccoFree.gov