Tips to Help Strengthen Your Lungs
Want healthy lungs for life? Here are five things you can start doing – today.
- Don’t smoke. Enough said! If you do smoke, talk with your doctor or pharmacist about help in quitting.
- Eat your fruits and vegetables. Fruits and veggies are high in compounds that can help repair cell damage.
- Breath the cleanest air available. Avoid secondhand smoke. Avoid outdoor activity during peak traffic hours.
- Get you flu shot. Influenza can wreak havoc on health, especially in people with respiratory issues such as asthma. In addition, pneumonia shots are recommended for those over age 65. (If you have asthma or are a smoker, your doctor may recommend the pneumonia vaccine earlier than age 65),
- Get moving. Kick up your cardio health by walking, running, swimming or doing any sustained exercise that causes you to improve your lung capacity.
Source: Florida Department of Health