Are You Setting Yourself Up for a Fall?
Have you ever tripped while walking down the stairs? Slipped on a rug? It may seem silly, but falls are nothing to take lightly. Here are some easy tips to help fall-proof your home:
- Keep electrical cords out of walking paths.
- Securely fasten carpet, rugs and carpet runners to the floor.
- Keep walkaways and stairways free of clutter.
- Use non-slip mats in the bathtub or shower.
- Make sure you have enough lighting in each room, at entrances, and on outdoor walkways. Use light bulbs that have the highest wattage recommended for the fixture.
-Sources: National Institutes of Health; Mayo Clinic