These Tips Can Help
If someone recieves a large number of bee stings, if the stings are in the mouth or throat, or if a person experiences shortness of breath or throat swelling after any insect bite or sting, call 911 for emergency assistance. Otherwise, follow these suggestions:
- Quickly remove any part of a bee stinger left in the skin.
- Cleanse the area with soap and water.
- In case of a tick bite, use caution when removing the tick from under the skin so that no part of the tick body is left there.
- Apply ice to the area to releive pain.
- Over-the-counter pain releivers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be used.
- Seek medical care if pain, redness or swelling worsens.
Source: Journal of the American Medical Assosiation